Are you ready to participate? Click here to get started!


All Questions to be asked must begin with the following:

Am •  Are •  Can •  Could •  Did •  Do •  How •  If •  Is •  Should •  What •  When •  Where •  Which •  Will •  Who •  Why

Answer A Question

Are fire ants dangerous?

Asked by RiCA's mom - 7 years 9 months ago

This question can also be asked as:

Are red ant bites lethal?

Suggested by anonymous - 4 years 10 months ago


Answered by oz
7 years 9 months ago
 |  Add Comment  |  Report This

Fire ants inflict a fiery sting, which causes a small blister or pustule to form at the site of each sting after several hours. The blisters become itchy while healing and are prone to infection if broken.

If you are stung by a fire ant:

Apply a cold compress to relieve the swelling and pain.
Gently wash the affected area with soap and water and leave the blister intact.
People who are allergic to insect stings should seek medical attention immediately. On rare occasions, fire ant stings can cause severe acute allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)



Many other facts about the Red Ant


Red imported fire ant


1 - 1 of 1 First | < Previous | Next > | Last